Alan Carr thinks "the ship has sailed" for a "Friday Night Project" reunion.
The 40-year-old comedian hosted the Channel 4 show from 2005 to 2009 with co-host Justin Lee Collins, 42, and has admitted there is no chance it will return to screens as he doesn't think he'd be able to keep up with all the costume changes.
Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz at the Virgin BAFTA TV Awards on Sunday (14.05.17), he said: "That ship has sailed now. There was a lot of dressing up but I am at the age now where I struggle to tie up my shoes. No one wants to see these two old people coming out of a retirement. Let's leave it a classic."
The show was moved from its Friday night slot to the Sunday after the sixth series and was renamed - very fittingly - "Sunday Night Project" before it was later axed.
However, Alan doesn't mind that the show won't be making another appearance on television as he's now hosting a new show called "Happy Hour" and loves it so much.
He said: ""Happy Hour" is just an hour of pure happiness just making dreams come true. It's just something different to "Chatty Man". I have been doing 17 series of it. It is like "Friday Night Project". I have been playing Knock Down Ginger with Rebel Wilson and it's nice to get out of the studio."
The show aired in December last year and the first episode featured Rebel Wilson, Rob Beckett, Jack Whitehall, Honey G, Amanda Holden and James Arthur.
His other show "Alan Carr: Chatty Man" was cancelled in October last year after poor ratings and competing against BBC's successful "Graham Norton Show".