Jon Clark's now-ex-girlfriend has accused him of "lying" about their relationship.
The "Only Way is Essex" star was left devastated earlier this week when he found out his partner Chloe Crowhurst had signed up to take part in the current series of "Love Island" behind his back but she's now claimed they broke up "months ago."
Speaking to The Sun newspaper, she said: "We broke up a number of months ago. I'm single and have been for the past few months. "We started dating on New Year's Eve but we weren't anything serious.... I don't know why he is lying about it."
Some fans have claimed the pair have set this up as a "publicity stunt" in order to reel in more viewers when the reality TV show returns to screens next week, but Jon is adamant he's truly heartbroken by her stunt and can't believe she'd treat him like that.
Alongside a photograph of them together, he said: "This is us over last 9 months!! For people saying this is a publicly stunt please believe me I wish it was!!
"Fact matter is she was my gf..... didn't even break up with me to go on the show! Who treats another human becoming like that the reason why I didn't have it all over my Insta is coz I live a public life something's are best left private ok (sic)"
The 26-year-old hunk claimed that Chloe slept in his bed before jetting off to the villa.
He said: "she slept in my bed the night before she flew to loveisland! We got a puppy last week.. im in shock (sic)"
A source added recently: "Jon is absolutely devastated. The first he heard of Chloe going on the show was last night when the line-up was announced.
"They've been on and off in the past but recently they were very much together, there was no question about it. They were talking about having children just the other day so this is obviously a massive shock."
"Love Island" will hit television screens on June 5 at 9pm on ITV2.