Dec Donnelly is reportedly "absolutely devastated" he won't be working with Ant McPartlin for the time being.
The 42-year-old TV presenter has been forced to scrap plans to co-host "Saturday Night Takeaway" for the foreseeable future after his long-time co-star Ant was arrested on suspicion of drink driving on Sunday (18.03.18).
A friend of the popular duo - who have won 37 National Television Awards together - said: "This has been a bit of a bombshell for Dec.
"He's very upset and needs time to make any decisions, which is why this weekend's episode of "Saturday Night Takeaway" was cancelled."
Ant - who spent time in rehab last year - is taking time off and is set to receive more treatment.
And Dec is now facing a decision about what he plans to do with his own career moving forwards.
The insider told The Sun newspaper: "ITV understood that the show couldn't go ahead without Dec and that he'll have to make a final decision about what happens."
Ant and Dec's money-spinning partnership stretches back to their appearances on the children's drama "Byker Grove".
The pair also own homes in the same West London street, and Dec is said to have been incredibly supportive towards his pal over recent days.
The source added: "Dec is absolutely devastated of course, but he is also incredibly supportive.
"They are much more than co-stars. They're best friends."
ITV has confirmed "Saturday Night Takeaway" will not air this weekend, while the final two episodes of the current series, which are scheduled to air on March 31 and April 7, won't feature Ant.
A spokesperson for the broadcaster said: "ITV has taken a joint decision with Ant and Dec's team not to broadcast "Saturday Night Takeaway" this weekend.
"We will be reviewing options for the last two episodes of the series which would not feature Ant who is taking time off to seek treatment.
"We very much hope that he gets the help that he needs."