Stacey Solomon has backed Scarlett Moffatt to do "a great job" as she takes an expanded role on "Saturday Night Takeaway" this weekend.
The show returns to screens this Saturday (31.03.18) with just Dec Donnelly, 42, fronting the programme following Ant McPartlin's decision to check back into rehab following his arrest for drink-driving, an offence for which he has now been charged by police.
With Scarlett and Stephen Mulhern set to give Dec some support this weekend, Stacey told the Daily Star Online: "I personally think Scarlett is doing a great job.
"She's always been great on Takeaway and I don't have any doubt she won't continue to do a great job."
Dec will be the main host but show regulars Scarlett, 27, and Stephen, 40, will be taking on extra duties to ease his burden on the remaining live episodes.
According to RadioTimes.com, the presenting pair will head into the studio audience to give away places on the trip to Orlando, Florida, for the series finale, a role 42-year-old Ant would have carried out.
However, Ant will still feature in all the pre-recorded segments for "Saturday Night Takeaway" and will be included in the opening credits.
ITV made the decision to pull last week's episode of "Saturday Night Takeaway" following Ant McPartlin's arrest but the broadcaster later confirmed that the final two episodes would be aired as normal but with Dec presenting for the first time on his own and not as beloved duo Ant & Dec.
Speaking abut going it alone, Dec said in a statement: "Whilst I never thought I'd be in this position, after much discussion and careful consideration we've decided that the remaining two shows of this series of "Saturday Night Takeaway" will go ahead.
"We made a promise to take hundreds of deserving winners to Florida to watch the series finale, and we will honour that. Everyone at ITV and the "Takeaway" team feels we owe it to the audience to complete the series."