Danny John-Jules skipped the "Strictly Come Dancing" spin-off show after being eliminated from the competition.
The 58-year-old actor failed to appear on BBC Two's "It Takes Two" for his exit interview on Monday night (12.11.18) after he was voted off the dancing reality show on Sunday night (11.11.18), leaving his pro partner Amy Dowden to appear on the show without him.
The programme's presenter, Zoe Ball, said she was "disappointed" that Danny had not attended, but Amy admitted she was "proud" of the "Death in Paradise" star for his time in the competition.
Speaking on the programme, she said: "I'm so proud of Danny. He is such a talented performer.
"Danny, you belong there and I hope to see you on the stage performing very soon."
Earlier in the day, the "Red Dwarf" star took to social media to tweet a thank you message to Amy - after losing out in a dance-off against Graeme Swann and Oti Mabuse.
He wrote: "I should have expressed my gratitude more often. You truly inspired me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the knowledge I have taken away with me."
Danny's tweet comes after 27-year-old Amy told him to be "proud" of his "Strictly" routines after he scored the first 10 out of 10 earlier in the series.
She tweeted: "you should be so proud of the performances you produced! The nation got to see the talented performing Danny again! Your beautiful family I know are bursting with pride! The first 10 of the series and my first 10 for our jive is a moment I'll never forget! (sic)"